- Clean your ears with extra care. Wipe the outer ear with a washcloth or tissue.
- If you experience itching or pain in your ears, consult with your primary care physician to determine the appropriate treatment and to determine if you need to see a specialist.
- Avoid exposure to loud sound and loud firecrackers.
- If you have pain while you are lying down, sit down with head held up straight.
- Take care to avoid wetting the ear. Close the ears with cotton swabs, while bathing.
- Don’t use headphones for long periods and keep at low volume if using them at all.
- Avoid cold food and water.
- Apply coconut oil to the ear or put a drop of it in the ear and you can also put a drop of clove oil in the ear cavity if you suffer from ear pain.
- Some medications can affect hearing. Take medications only as directed, and consult your doctor if you experience unusual hearing, balance problems, or ringing in the ears.
Tips To Get Relief From Ear Pain